Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer SX 850 Receiver

RDG@67

Sep 3, 2018
I have a CEN-TECH multimeter. I went online to see how to use it. I followed the instructions, and I still get 18.36 on the L speaker. I tried it on the Speaker B system, and I got the same results for the L speaker. The R speaker was a little less. Maybe I should just let a tech look at it. I already have $400+ invested in this receiver off ebay, and I don't want to spend anymore on it. I think I got screwed. Thanks for trying to help me, but I am just a novice. I may try to sell it as is. Have a nice day.
I took this receiver to a knowledgeable repairman, and he told me the right channel was blown. He wants a $1000 to repair it. I don't have that kind of money. Does anyone know an individual or company that buys these vintage receivers for spare parts? I would sure like to get rid of this albatross. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I think he's trying to screw you. $1000 sounds like a "I don't want to do it" price.
You could try a few others and I'm sure that price will come down. Especially if you don't need it repaired right away.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Something is wrong you measure 18V on the good channel. It should measure near 0V, which you say you get on the good channel.

Bob

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
My old Pioneer gear of approx. the same vintage has a speaker disconnect relay to prevent pops at turn on, turn off, and output stage overcurrent. Could be a bad relay or relay driver.

ak