Maker Pro
Maker Pro

altec lansing imt702

sira

Nov 27, 2018
Dear members

I got above item with out power adapter. some one may have used different power adapter and now it docent switch on. original power adapter should be 13 V bit i used 12V 2A . seems some thing burned in site. just replaced zennor diode - 8.2 V and no luck. please let me have your valid advice on this

Thank you

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Show a clear picture of board on both sides and perhaps we can assist.

As long as the 12v adapter had the proper polarity and current (ac or dc) it shouldn't have caused any damage.

If you can post a schematic diagram, that would also help.

sira

Nov 27, 2018
Hi Tha
thank you for the reply. unfortunately i too do not have the Schematic diagram. i searched all over the internet and couldn't find it. i have some pictures for your reference

https://imgur.com/a/LjwkVWZ

LjwkVWZ

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
It's hard to see detail of components in pictures, but here's what I'd do.

First verify you have the proper power adapter and polarity. Read the back panel where it plugs in to verify.
Then follow the point where it inters the board. Is it the black and red wires on the edge of board?

Look at markings on the board in this area to see if there's a surface fuse (usually begins with letter F) that may be out. You can put one meter lead on the Neg side of your power supply which is usually the same as chassis ground. Then take the other lead to measure the positive side along the path where power comes in. You can also check for continuity it theres no power.

Make note of the voltages along this path and where you no long have voltage and the component in question.
Hopefully its something simple like a fuse or diode along this power path.
You can Google "how to test a diode" for more info.

galaxy

Nov 3, 2012
What's that large black thing with what looks like a toasted resistor next to it?

sira

Nov 27, 2018
Hi all
It looks the system IC gone. i checked all the power source to each IC and seems ok. I just thro it away. how ever looking to buy Altec lansing M402SR from some where and it looks hard to find . thank you