Setting Presets on Sony Dream Machine AM/FM Radio?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by W. eWatson, Nov 6, 2009.

  1. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    I've had the radio in Subject for years, and it's always been
    troublesome trying to set the resets. The power went out recently, so I
    get to do it again. Usually I recall how to do it. Not this time. It's
    always been difficult, but no fumbling with combos of keys works. Anyone
    know how. ICF-C233 model.
     
    W. eWatson, Nov 6, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. W. eWatson

    John Doe Guest

    "W. eWatson" <> wrote:

    > I've had the radio in Subject for years, and it's always been
    > troublesome trying to set the resets.


    Sorry, no answer...

    Is that unit a flattish box with a single button on the top that
    turns the radio on for a maximum of one hour, and another button
    instantly turns the radio off? Love that feature, had it for over
    10 years. After knocking it off of the table too many times, I had
    to resolder the very small power transformer. Gave it to my
    next-door neighbor for his garage radio.

    Good luck and have fun.








    > The power went out recently, so I get to do it again. Usually I
    > recall how to do it. Not this time. It's always been difficult,
    > but no fumbling with combos of keys works. Anyone know how.
    > ICF-C233 model.
    >
     
    John Doe, Nov 6, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > "W. eWatson" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've had the radio in Subject for years, and it's always been
    >> troublesome trying to set the resets.

    >
    > Sorry, no answer...
    >
    > Is that unit a flattish box with a single button on the top that
    > turns the radio on for a maximum of one hour, and another button
    > instantly turns the radio off? Love that feature, had it for over
    > 10 years. After knocking it off of the table too many times, I had
    > to resolder the very small power transformer. Gave it to my
    > next-door neighbor for his garage radio.
    >
    > Good luck and have fun.
    >
    >
    >> The power went out recently, so I get to do it again. Usually I
    >> recall how to do it. Not this time. It's always been difficult,
    >> but no fumbling with combos of keys works. Anyone know how.
    >> ICF-C233 model.
    >>

    >

    It has two rows of buttons with three buttons in each row. A third row
    has five buttons for the preset stations. I'm pretty sure the rightmost
    button in the first row is for the preset. It's the only cheap radio
    I've seen that has presets.
     
    W. eWatson, Nov 7, 2009
    #3
  4. W. eWatson

    W. eWatson Guest

    W. eWatson wrote:
    > John Doe wrote:
    >> "W. eWatson" <> wrote:
    >>> I've had the radio in Subject for years, and it's always been
    >>> troublesome trying to set the resets.

    >>
    >> Sorry, no answer...
    >> Is that unit a flattish box with a single button on the top that turns
    >> the radio on for a maximum of one hour, and another button instantly
    >> turns the radio off? Love that feature, had it for over 10 years.
    >> After knocking it off of the table too many times, I had to resolder
    >> the very small power transformer. Gave it to my next-door neighbor for
    >> his garage radio.
    >> Good luck and have fun.
    >>
    >>
    >>> The power went out recently, so I get to do it again. Usually I
    >>> recall how to do it. Not this time. It's always been difficult, but
    >>> no fumbling with combos of keys works. Anyone know how. ICF-C233 model.

    >>

    > It has two rows of buttons with three buttons in each row. A third row
    > has five buttons for the preset stations. I'm pretty sure the rightmost
    > button in the first row is for the preset. It's the only cheap radio
    > I've seen that has presets.

    Solved. Press the Preset button (Enter), then select the associated
    button (1-5) to make the connection to what shows on the dial to that
    button. Yikes!!
     
    W. eWatson, Nov 8, 2009
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. AM/FM Radio With Display

    , Mar 13, 2005, in forum: Electronic Basics
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    345
  2. Tony Porch

    AM/FM Radio Receiver Demonstrator

    Tony Porch, Sep 16, 2003, in forum: Electronic Design
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,055
    Tim Shoppa
    Sep 16, 2003
  3. G
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    835
    Michael A. Terrell
    Apr 14, 2006
  4. n cook

    Converting 40 yearold AM car radio to AM + FM

    n cook, May 29, 2006, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,718
    Michael A. Terrell
    May 30, 2006
  5. Ross Herbert
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    6,000
    Ross Herbert
    May 9, 2007
Loading...