Re: The CFA de-bagged (Was: Re: First "Del" and now "D'Alembertian"!)

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by John Smith, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    I have always used the CFA as a mobile antenna!

    Get with the program people, you will be hard pressed to find a better
    antenna for this purpose!

    As a shack antenna, it sucks!

    However, what other antenna can you chuck a motor into, slap a
    steering wheel and horn on and drive?

    You guys are all wet, as usual... <satisfied-smirk>

    John

    "Polymath" <> wrote in message
    news:42cf5a7c$...
    > Actually, just did a quick webbing and found enough to
    > realise that the claims are founded upon feet of clay.....
    >
    > 1. You do not separately excite the E and H fields because
    > if you excite an E field, you get a corresponding H field, and
    > vice-versa,
    > even if it is your intention to excite separately.
    >
    > 2. The differential forms of Maxwell describe the fields at _EVERY_
    > infinitesimal point and there is no way that the attempt to excite
    > two
    > separate fields from two separate mechanical contrivances will
    > result
    > in registration at every single point. Indeed, it is doubtful that
    > registration
    > will be achieved at all at any infinitesimal point. In any case, as
    > in (1) above,
    > your E field will have its H, and your H field will have its E field
    > already.
    >
    > 3. In the accepted equations describing the generated field,
    > radiation comes only
    > from accelerating charges. Thus the capacitive elements of the CFA
    > will
    > create the near field (decaying as 1/(r^2)) but not any radiated
    > field
    > (decaying as 1/r). I wonder if the measurements resulting in the
    > claims
    > for the CFA were made in the near field?
    >
    > I wonder if the whole thing is intended as an elaborate hoax, and
    > that the
    > authors, in their original paper in Wireless World, relied on the
    > fact that
    > most readers' eyes would glaze over when faced with the maths of
    > vector
    > fields? (Remember, that in this NG we've had someone who boasts of
    > two degrees, one in maths and the other in electronics, stating that
    > e^(-jwt)
    > is a function that decreases with increasing time, thus indicating
    > that the
    > awarding of a degree together with the professing of mathematical
    > equations is no guarantee of competence!)
    >
    > I suggest
    > http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em1/lectures/node53.html etc
    > as a good revising/learning/debunking cookbook. (Don't start from
    > node 53!)
    >
    > "Polymath" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> I've just about got enough elec-and-mag theory to be
    >> able to understand the claims made for the GM3HAT
    >> CFA; any pointers to the patent claims?
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
     
    John Smith, Jul 22, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:53:42 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> Gave us:

    >You guys are all wet, as usual... <satisfied-smirk>
    >


    I suppose then that you consider yourself to be firmly grounded in
    reality.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Firmly grounded?

    Actually, when I am finished installing the mercedes turbo-jet engine
    in the CFA, I plan on flying it!--well, after installing the carbon
    graphite wings...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:53:42 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>You guys are all wet, as usual... <satisfied-smirk>
    >>

    >
    > I suppose then that you consider yourself to be firmly grounded in
    > reality.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #3
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    OK.

    It is like this, years ago, in the 1980's, when telnet was still being
    used on the predecessors of newsgroups, there was no way to logically
    organize "posts."

    Still, into the 90's, most all "news clients" lacked any meaningful
    way to organize threads and/or posts.

    At the end of the 90's a few news clients managed to "get-it-together"
    and organize threads and posts with pretty good results.

    Now it is 2005. Windows xp comes with a completely functional news
    reader which holds threads and posts in perfect order--no longer do I
    have to have the text being responded to placed above the text which
    is being issued in response. Still, many ancient news readers are in
    use, and the users have not bothered to upgrade them. Also, many are
    reading these posts from webpages...

    That is all their responsibility now, if they are unwilling or unable
    to setup a decent news reader and come up to speed, that is their
    problem--there is NO longer a real need to bottom post, indeed, it
    only slows down ones interaction with the group and places an
    un-necessary burden to be cutting and pruning text...

    .... the etiquette and use manuals of usenet need upgrading ...

    I will be top posting...

    end of story...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:24:20 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>Firmly grounded?

    >
    > Yes. You made an all wet joke. I made an electrical joke that you
    > should have gotten.
    >>
    >>Actually, when I am finished installing the mercedes turbo-jet
    >>engine
    >>in the CFA, I plan on flying it!--well, after installing the carbon
    >>graphite wings...

    >
    > Perhaps you did.
    >
    > Top posting is very bad.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #4
  5. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    oh yeah...

    It is a half-wave CFA. No ground plane/counterpoise is needed...
    I live in calif, who worries about lightning here...
    <grin>

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 05:24:20 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>Firmly grounded?

    >
    > Yes. You made an all wet joke. I made an electrical joke that you
    > should have gotten.
    >>
    >>Actually, when I am finished installing the mercedes turbo-jet
    >>engine
    >>in the CFA, I plan on flying it!--well, after installing the carbon
    >>graphite wings...

    >
    > Perhaps you did.
    >
    > Top posting is very bad.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #5
  6. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >I will be top posting...


    And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    reading.

    Goodbye.

    --
    Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
     
    Walt Davidson, Jul 23, 2005
    #6
  7. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Ohh gee:

    Killfiled :(

    What if I told ya to shove the whole killfile up yer bum, would that
    make it ok?

    ROFLOL

    "Walt Davidson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I will be top posting...

    >
    > And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    > because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    > reading.
    >
    > Goodbye.
    >
    > --
    > Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy
    > @despammed.com
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #7
  8. John Smith

    Fred W4JLE Guest

    And I thought you Brits were supposed to be so tolerant of diversity... Here
    I find you making broad generalizations based on the position of words on a
    screen. One can only assume you are a narrow minded word position bigot! You
    will be doomed to hell for your non politically correct speech, possibly
    even jailed for hate speech...

    "Walt Davidson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I will be top posting...

    >
    > And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    > because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    > reading.
    >
    > Goodbye.
    >
    > --
    > Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
     
    Fred W4JLE, Jul 23, 2005
    #8
  9. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Nunya:

    Look, I am not even going to take the time to read all that crap.

    If you want to say something to me, don't intermingle it together with
    all the text I just wrote, I remember what I wrote, just write a damn
    reply...

    However, I think the jest (haha) of your text attempts to make me
    format my text for your text reader--get a clue buddy, if you want to
    read it, you format it!!!

    Killfile me otherwise, I will be crushed, but I will get over it...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>OK.
    >>
    >>It is like this, years ago, in the 1980's, when telnet was still
    >>being
    >>used on the predecessors of newsgroups, there was no way to
    >>logically
    >>organize "posts."

    >
    > I think that you have history problems.
    >>
    >>Still, into the 90's, most all "news clients" lacked any meaningful
    >>way to organize threads and/or posts.

    >
    > I know that you have history problems.
    >>
    >>At the end of the 90's a few news clients managed to
    >>"get-it-together"
    >>and organize threads and posts with pretty good results.

    >
    > I think that you have a problem with opinion over fact as well.
    >
    >>
    >>Now it is 2005. Windows xp comes with a completely functional news
    >>reader which holds threads and posts in perfect order--no longer do
    >>I
    >>have to have the text being responded to placed above the text which
    >>is being issued in response.

    >
    > Guess what? You are not the only person that is reading a thread,
    > and those that are are not all on windows xp. Outlook express is a
    > dog. It has also been around way longer than XP has.
    >
    > You assume way too much, and those assumptions have ALWAYS screwed
    > up someone that doesn't live in your perfect world of "organized
    > articles".
    >
    > There are protocols in place for this very reason, and all the
    > logic
    > you throw at it doesn't change that fact.
    >
    >> Still, many ancient news readers are in
    >>use, and the users have not bothered to upgrade them.

    >
    > That has not a thing to do with the problem. Your opinion about
    > what is or is not a good news reader has NO bearing on proper
    > protocol. The problem is that posters such as yourself ASSUME way
    > too
    > much, and no one else in the world needs to cater to YOUR idea of
    > what
    > is modern. Again, Outhouse Express is a total dog. That opinion is
    > held in the eyes of many.
    >
    >> Also, many are
    >>reading these posts from webpages...

    >
    > Another tragic screw up. Especially when they reply from web
    > access.
    >
    >>That is all their responsibility now, if they are unwilling or
    >>unable
    >>to setup a decent news reader and come up to speed, that is their
    >>problem

    >
    > I find that you are unwilling or to stupid to understand the fact
    > that not everyone even reads news the way you do. I happen to read
    > posts chronologically, despite my reader's capacity to show threads
    > in
    > a grouped manner. That is a choice. Deciding to throw out the
    > standard accepted decades long protocols based on your opinion of
    > what
    > is or is not modern is just plain arrogant ignorance.
    >
    >>--there is NO longer a real need to bottom post, indeed, it
    >>only slows down ones interaction with the group and places an
    >>un-necessary burden to be cutting and pruning text...

    >
    > You are NOT anyone that can declare such a thing.
    >>
    >>... the etiquette and use manuals of usenet need upgrading ...

    >
    > Your brain needs to conform. That is the only upgrade required.
    >
    > You claim others haven't gotten up to your modern standard and that
    > is where YOU are wrong. Despite any news reader clients capacity
    > for
    > sorting articles, it is ALWAYS proper to make the post in a manner
    > such that a person reading ONLY that post can garner the gist of the
    > article WITHOUT any requisite to read additional articles. THAT is
    > the whole point. Not only that, but you idiots invariably quote the
    > entire article to which you respond, which is another mistake.
    >
    >>I will be top posting...

    >
    > You are stupid... You utilization of Outhouse Express proves that
    > beyond a doubt. I am surprised that you aren't posting in HTML and
    > defending that as well. What a total ditz you must be.
    >
    >>end of story...

    >
    > End of fact finding and declaring mission.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #9
  10. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Fred:

    I hate to admit it, but that made me damn near split a gut! <lol>

    John

    "Fred W4JLE" <> wrote in message
    news:efc12$42e29c3d$471c636a$...
    > And I thought you Brits were supposed to be so tolerant of
    > diversity... Here
    > I find you making broad generalizations based on the position of
    > words on a
    > screen. One can only assume you are a narrow minded word position
    > bigot! You
    > will be doomed to hell for your non politically correct speech,
    > possibly
    > even jailed for hate speech...
    >
    > "Walt Davidson" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I will be top posting...

    >>
    >> And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    >> because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    >> reading.
    >>
    >> Goodbye.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy
    >> @despammed.com

    >
    >
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #10
  11. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:59:23 +0100, Walt Davidson
    <> Gave us:

    >On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I will be top posting...

    >
    >And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    >because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    >reading.
    >

    Goodbye. Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that this is the other effect
    of top posting. Good job.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #11
  12. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:36:01 -0400, "Fred W4JLE" <>
    Gave us:

    >And I thought you Brits were supposed to be so tolerant of diversity... Here
    >I find you making broad generalizations based on the position of words on a
    >screen. One can only assume you are a narrow minded word position bigot! You
    >will be doomed to hell for your non politically correct speech, possibly
    >even jailed for hate speech...



    Top posting in a forum for professionals, when one claims to be one,
    and the PROTOCOL is NOT to do so, could easily be argued as quite
    narrow minded.

    The word for today is CONFORMITY.

    You conform to standards every day. Many that you have no choice
    on. In these forums, just because your lame news reader was written
    by a total ditz that gets way more money for his products than he
    deserves, doesn't mean that you should just go with your lazy assed
    flow. Do you also wear your pants down past your ass, like these
    other kids today?
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #12
  13. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:38:23 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> Gave us:

    >Nunya:
    >
    >Look, I am not even going to take the time to read all that crap.
    >


    Yet another fallacy of your basic stupid top posting twit.

    >If you want to say something to me, don't intermingle it together with
    >all the text I just wrote, I remember what I wrote, just write a damn
    >reply...


    Look, ditzo boy, I answer where appropriate. LEARN a bit about
    Usenet, dumbass.

    >However, I think the jest (haha) of your text attempts to make me
    >format my text for your text reader--get a clue buddy, if you want to
    >read it, you format it!!!


    I don't want to read it. I feel that I will subsequently be
    filtering it. The IT being you.
    >
    >Killfile me otherwise, I will be crushed, but I will get over it...


    You're an idiot, and it looks as if you won't be getting over that
    fact. An easy tell is that you quoted 100 lines to post your utter
    tripe. Thank you for proving my points.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #13
  14. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:06:49 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> Gave us:

    >Fred:
    >
    >I hate to admit it, but that made me damn near split a gut! <lol>
    >

    Said the idiot that quoted 35 lines to make yet another
    unprofessional, one liner, stupid, off topic reply.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #14
  15. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    NunYa:

    As senior software engineer, you bet I know about conformance!!!

    I set the rules... well, unless someone can propose a good argument
    why they should be broken.

    Yanno, that is what college is all about, you are forced to learn the
    rules--so you can effectively bend and break 'em for a buck...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:36:01 -0400, "Fred W4JLE" <>
    > Gave us:
    >
    >>And I thought you Brits were supposed to be so tolerant of
    >>diversity... Here
    >>I find you making broad generalizations based on the position of
    >>words on a
    >>screen. One can only assume you are a narrow minded word position
    >>bigot! You
    >>will be doomed to hell for your non politically correct speech,
    >>possibly
    >>even jailed for hate speech...

    >
    >
    > Top posting in a forum for professionals, when one claims to be
    > one,
    > and the PROTOCOL is NOT to do so, could easily be argued as quite
    > narrow minded.
    >
    > The word for today is CONFORMITY.
    >
    > You conform to standards every day. Many that you have no choice
    > on. In these forums, just because your lame news reader was written
    > by a total ditz that gets way more money for his products than he
    > deserves, doesn't mean that you should just go with your lazy assed
    > flow. Do you also wear your pants down past your ass, like these
    > other kids today?
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #15
  16. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Waaaaaaaa...
    Waaaaaaa...
    Waaaa...

    Ok, I feel better now... :)

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:59:23 +0100, Walt Davidson
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:27:56 -0700, "John Smith"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I will be top posting...

    >>
    >>And I will be killfiling you, like all other top-posting fools ....
    >>because top-posters invariably have nothing to say that is worth
    >>reading.
    >>

    > Goodbye. Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that this is the other
    > effect
    > of top posting. Good job.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #16
  17. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Forget it, just remember this, if you are short, to the point, and ALL
    the text is logical and necessary, I read it--if not, forget it...
    really, I expect the same others regarding my text...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:38:23 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>Nunya:
    >>
    >>Look, I am not even going to take the time to read all that crap.
    >>

    >
    > Yet another fallacy of your basic stupid top posting twit.
    >
    >>If you want to say something to me, don't intermingle it together
    >>with
    >>all the text I just wrote, I remember what I wrote, just write a
    >>damn
    >>reply...

    >
    > Look, ditzo boy, I answer where appropriate. LEARN a bit about
    > Usenet, dumbass.
    >
    >>However, I think the jest (haha) of your text attempts to make me
    >>format my text for your text reader--get a clue buddy, if you want
    >>to
    >>read it, you format it!!!

    >
    > I don't want to read it. I feel that I will subsequently be
    > filtering it. The IT being you.
    >>
    >>Killfile me otherwise, I will be crushed, but I will get over it...

    >
    > You're an idiot, and it looks as if you won't be getting over that
    > fact. An easy tell is that you quoted 100 lines to post your utter
    > tripe. Thank you for proving my points.
     
    John Smith, Jul 23, 2005
    #17
  18. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:24:02 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> Gave us:

    >NunYa:
    >
    >As senior software engineer, you bet I know about conformance!!!


    Apparently not, you top posting twit.
    >
    >I set the rules... well, unless someone can propose a good argument
    >why they should be broken.


    You are breaking the rules. You certainly don't get to declare them
    in a forum that has been around long before you began posting to it.
    >
    >Yanno, that is what college is all about, you are forced to learn the
    >rules--so you can effectively bend and break 'em for a buck...


    Aahhhh... The age old "I do whatever the hell I want." argument.
    Nobody is getting paid here, dingledorf. It is a matter of common
    courtesy.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #18
  19. On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:24:52 -0700, "John Smith"
    <> Gave us:

    >Waaaaaaaa...


    Wussy

    >Waaaaaaa...


    Wussy

    >Waaaa...


    Wussy.

    >
    >Ok, I feel better now... :)


    Major, inconsiderate wussy.

    >
    >John


    Yes... you.
     
    NunYa Bidness, Jul 23, 2005
    #19
  20. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Dude:

    I leave you here. If top posting is a real issue to you, I just hope
    you will survive life when a real problem comes your way...

    I'd suggest you killfile me, or get used to top posting...

    John

    "NunYa Bidness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:24:02 -0700, "John Smith"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >>NunYa:
    >>
    >>As senior software engineer, you bet I know about conformance!!!

    >
    > Apparently not, you top posting twit.
    >>
    >>I set the rules... well, unless someone can propose a good argument
    >>why they should be broken.

    >
    > You are breaking the rules. You certainly don't get to declare
    > them
    > in a forum that has been around long before you began posting to it.
    >>
    >>Yanno, that is what college is all about, you are forced to learn
    >>the
    >>rules--so you can effectively bend and break 'em for a buck...

    >
    > Aahhhh... The age old "I do whatever the hell I want." argument.
    > Nobody is getting paid here, dingledorf. It is a matter of common
    > courtesy.
     
    John Smith, Jul 24, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Kari Hautio

    Matrox G45+ MDHA32D/DEL component R300

    Kari Hautio, Oct 28, 2003, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    888
  2. Doug King

    DEL monitor

    Doug King, Apr 19, 2004, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    348
    Sandra
    Apr 21, 2004
  3. David Nugent
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    307
    Someone
    Aug 23, 2005
  4. ShariqDON

    My First Post And First Question

    ShariqDON, Apr 10, 2010, in forum: Electronics Homework Help
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,198
    lexroxas
    Apr 17, 2011
  5. Misael Anubis

    programacion del pic 16c54c

    Misael Anubis, Jun 15, 2010, in forum: Microcontrollers and Programming
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,393
    (*steve*)
    Jun 16, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page