Panasonic Tau Won't Turn On

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by jmail@fleming.tv, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
    generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
    on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
    then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.

    I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
    have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
    Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
    they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
    will be a pain due to the size of the unit.

    Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
    who has an easy fix?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    John Fleming
     
    , Jul 11, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Zakes Guest

    Try checking the power supply if you know how to troubleshoot it. Did
    you check your fuse if it is not burnt?
     
    Zakes, Jul 11, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. JANA Guest

    The common cause is power supply and scan amp failures in these sets. You
    will have to take it for service, unless you are experienced and have the
    set-up to troubleshoot and service the set.

    --

    JANA
    _____


    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    Hello,

    I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
    generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
    on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
    then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.

    I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
    have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
    Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
    they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
    will be a pain due to the size of the unit.

    Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
    who has an easy fix?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    John Fleming
     
    JANA, Jul 11, 2006
    #3
  4. Guest

    Thanks for the help everyone. Well, I was hoping to avoid it, but it
    looks like I'll be calling the service center.

    Thanks!

    John

    JANA wrote:
    > The common cause is power supply and scan amp failures in these sets. You
    > will have to take it for service, unless you are experienced and have the
    > set-up to troubleshoot and service the set.
    >
    > --
    >
    > JANA
    > _____
    >
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
    > generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
    > on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
    > then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.
    >
    > I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
    > have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
    > Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
    > they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
    > will be a pain due to the size of the unit.
    >
    > Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
    > who has an easy fix?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    > John Fleming
    >
     
    , Jul 12, 2006
    #4
  5. John Guest

    Just to wrap this thread up, I had a service technician take a look and
    all that was needed was a new fuse. He checked the unit out and
    couldn't find the cause.

    Hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks for the help.

    John

    wrote:
    > Thanks for the help everyone. Well, I was hoping to avoid it, but it
    > looks like I'll be calling the service center.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > John
    >
    > JANA wrote:
    > > The common cause is power supply and scan amp failures in these sets. You
    > > will have to take it for service, unless you are experienced and have the
    > > set-up to troubleshoot and service the set.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > JANA
    > > _____
    > >
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
    > > generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
    > > on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
    > > then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.
    > >
    > > I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
    > > have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
    > > Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
    > > they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
    > > will be a pain due to the size of the unit.
    > >
    > > Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
    > > who has an easy fix?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > >
    > > John Fleming
    > >
     
    John, Jul 14, 2006
    #5
  6. Guest

    John
    I have the same problem. Any idea where the fuse is located?
    Thanks

    Mike

    John wrote:
    > Just to wrap this thread up, I had a service technician take a look and
    > all that was needed was a new fuse. He checked the unit out and
    > couldn't find the cause.
    >
    > Hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks for the help.
    >
    > John
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Thanks for the help everyone. Well, I was hoping to avoid it, but it
    > > looks like I'll be calling the service center.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > John
    > >
    > > JANA wrote:
    > > > The common cause is power supply and scan amp failures in these sets. You
    > > > will have to take it for service, unless you are experienced and have the
    > > > set-up to troubleshoot and service the set.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > JANA
    > > > _____
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > <> wrote in message
    > > > news:...
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I purchased a Panasonic Tau CT-32HC43 about 2.5 years ago. The set has
    > > > generally worked great, but suddenly this afternoon it will not turn
    > > > on. My wife tried to turn the set on and saw it begin to turn on, but
    > > > then suddenly it went off and it hasn't turned on since.
    > > >
    > > > I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in as I
    > > > have found some suggest online, but that hasn't seemed to help. The
    > > > Panasonic support office is closed (early), but in any case I'm sure
    > > > they will just tell me to take it to the nearest service center which
    > > > will be a pain due to the size of the unit.
    > > >
    > > > Has anybody experienced anything like this with this particular model
    > > > who has an easy fix?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > >
    > > > John Fleming
    > > >
     
    , Jul 17, 2006
    #6
  7. dan Guest

    The fuse is on or near the PS. I had the same problem on my Tau
    recently. I tried but failed to repair it, thinking it was a PS
    problem. The fuse was not burnt out. It ended up costing $330 at the
    shop to replace various ICs, diode(s) and the flyback transformer.

    These sets won't turn themselves on if they sense a fault in a circuit.

    dan


    > I have the same problem. Any idea where the fuse is located?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike
     
    dan, Jul 17, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Robert Stek

    Panasonic Tau CT27SX10B Service Menu defaults?

    Robert Stek, Dec 29, 2003, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    349
  2. MarkC

    Any Mods For Panasonic Tau?

    MarkC, Feb 7, 2004, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    307
    MarkC
    Feb 7, 2004
  3. John Miller

    Magnavox TV won't turn off, then won't turn on

    John Miller, Apr 17, 2004, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,024
    John Miller
    Apr 17, 2004
  4. Arthur Shapiro

    Opinion on Panasonic TAU Repair

    Arthur Shapiro, Nov 30, 2004, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    350
    Jerry G.
    Dec 1, 2004
  5. MarkC
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    386
    John-Del
    Feb 28, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page