No signal on awa MHDV245503

Discussion in 'Electronics Repair' started by polly, Nov 19, 2011.

1. polly

polly

Have tried to connect this AWA TV but it only shows"No signal". We do not have a remote so have been trying to tune with keyboard on the side of screen. Other Panasonic TV works perfectly from same point and with same co-axial cable. Son has previously used the AWA TV for X box and computer games only.

polly, Nov 19, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. polly

davelectronic VIP Member

Hi Polly welcome to the forum. Have you checked the scart lead and or any RF connections, or digital satellite inputs, no signal means you cant tune it anyway, in the last day ive had to repair my sons scart socket, heavy hands broke the socket to pcb solder joints, the repair was successful, but check the obvious first, and i would advise only an experienced person go inside the TV dangerous voltages in side a TV set. double check scart and RF loops if digital.
    Dave.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
    davelectronic, Nov 19, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. polly

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Mid way between Beijing and the Ronne Ice Shelf
    The TV may be sying "No Signal" because it is currently not tunedto any station. Have you been able to get into any of the menus to initiate scanning for channels?

Googling for that model number reveals literally nothing, so I am assuming almost everything other than it is a TV :)

(*steve*), Nov 19, 2011
  4. polly

davelectronic VIP Member

Free view and digital will initialize on there own via AV its only old analouge that needs tunning, but you will need to search digital, but thats done via the receiver on its menu system, satellite is more straight forward. but double check the lead connections.

5. polly

Some digital tuners also require a "tuning" step.

I'm not sure what freeview is. I think it's just the free to air stations trying to brand themselves to compte with pay-tv. Maybe it means something somewhere, but wikipedia seems to agree with me.

The whole point is -- can the original poster get into menus (does the TV have even them?) which allow either tuning, or listing of available stations, or any diagnostic information?

I am presuming that:

a) the TV has its own tuner
    b) the TV is being connected to a working antenna connection
    c) that the TV is set to use the antenna connection

The possibility exists that the TV has only an analogue tuner and you have no analog transmissions (dunno if they still transmit them where you are).

(*steve*), Nov 19, 2011
  6. polly

davelectronic VIP Member

In 2012 there will be no analouge TV in the UK the transmissions are being phased out for digital, free to view is what over half the UK are watching its replaced analoge TV there are pay for subscription services and yes you get what you pay for, but free view is fine for normal viewing offering a wide selection of channels subjets and programs, i dont know how wiki see's it i will google that later, interesting to see. we have satellite and free view, no point in paying for two subscriptions.

7. polly

polly

Thanks everyone. The TV is new digital and has automatic scan but won't allow me to initiate a manual scan either. Steve your presumptions are correct.

polly, Nov 19, 2011
  8. polly

duke37 VIP Member

There are references to AWA MHDV2445-03 on Google, including a manual.
    I've not time to read them at present.

Duke

duke37, Nov 19, 2011
  9. polly

To me it looks like (from the manual) that you need the remote control to search for the channels.

These days the remote control is not the "remote control", it's "the control."

(*steve*), Nov 19, 2011
  10. polly

davelectronic VIP Member

The original remote is often the control, are sony trinitron is, i keep reminding my kids, break it and i will have a tough time controlling the digital receiver in the set, really this next bit is a lottery, but the one for all remotes and there menu system will accommodate the extended menu systems, some will interface with a pc / laptop for programing, but its not 100% guarantee that even then your have control of the original remote, controls functions, and as Steve said the controls meaning it does virtually every thing, and the controls on the TV are for the quick simple functions, usually volume channel change, if any at all.
    :)

1. Advertising