Motor start/stop switch with integrated mini contactor?

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by DaveC, Aug 28, 2011.

  1. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    Hi,
    I just became aware of this item:

    <http://img-europe.electrocomponents.com/images/R3985229-01.jpg>

    Data sheet here:

    <http://www.pdfdoc.ru/data/pdf42805>

    It includes a 2-pole 16A contactor in that little size. Can also be ordered
    with the option of external connection for safety stop push-button switch.

    I can't find a USA distributor for these. Anybody know where to get these?

    The company is in Germany:

    <http://www.eichhoff.com/unternehmen_ueber-eichhoff_en.php>

    Or is there a domestic (USA) product that is similar?

    Thanks,
    Dave
     
    DaveC, Aug 28, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    > Harbor Freight, or any number of other machine importers/sellers could
    > probably supply a switch of this type.
    > The parts lists are available from at least a couple of said companies.


    I've searched for "No-Volt Release" (NVR) switches and have found very, very
    few here in N. America. The US definition is a full contactor inside a
    housing with a start/stop combo switch on the front. Not my idea of "min".

    Europe uses these much more.

    HF doesn't list anything like this.

    If you know of any manufacturers I'd be glad to know of them.

    > So, if it is this type of switch, any interruption of the coil current will
    > cause the contacts to open, and cause the machine motor to come to a stop
    > (until the Start button is used to close the contacts again).. meaning that
    > a commonly available normally closed (momentary open) switch with the proper
    > voltage/current ratings wired in series with the coil circuit will also act
    > as a Stop switch (E-Stop or other terminology).. unless the contacts become
    > stuck shut.. then the OHshit switch needs to be utilized.
    >
    > This isn't the standard method commonly used in the US, for
    > starting/stopping a machine motor, but it is a cheaper way to produce a
    > motor starter.


    That's the plan...

    > Cheers,
    > WB


    Thanks,
    Dave
     
    DaveC, Aug 30, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    > TELEMECANIQUE

    Can you please give me p/n or link? I've not turned up any yet.

    Maybe I'm the dummy...

    Thanks,
    Dave
     
    DaveC, Aug 30, 2011
    #3
  4. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    The only Telemecanique products I've been able to find are full-size magnetic
    starters (contactors).

    I'm looking for a manual start/stop switch with 2-pole contactor built-in.
    Pressing the start button manually closes the contacts and energizes a coil,
    which holds the contacts closed. Power fail opens the contacts.

    Small (micro!) is what I'm looking for. No larger than the size of a
    start/stop switch without contactor.

    Dave
     
    DaveC, Aug 30, 2011
    #4
  5. DaveC

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:18:02 -0700, DaveC <> wrote:

    >The only Telemecanique products I've been able to find are full-size magnetic
    >starters (contactors).


    Ignore the troll.

    >I'm looking for a manual start/stop switch with 2-pole contactor built-in.
    >Pressing the start button manually closes the contacts and energizes a coil,
    >which holds the contacts closed. Power fail opens the contacts.
    >
    >Small (micro!) is what I'm looking for. No larger than the size of a
    >start/stop switch without contactor.


    These are sometimes called "magnetic start switches" and are commonly found on
    larger woodworking tools. I don't know if they're small enough for you but:
    http://www.grizzly.com/search/search.aspx?q=power switch
     
    , Aug 30, 2011
    #5
  6. DaveC

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:18:28 -0700 (PDT), The Ghost In The Machine
    <> wrote:

    >On Aug 30, 4:03 pm, ""
    ><> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:18:02 -0700, DaveC <> wrote:
    >> >The only Telemecanique products I've been able to find are full-size magnetic
    >> >starters (contactors).

    >>
    >> Ignore the troll.
    >>
    >> >I'm looking for a manual start/stop switch with 2-pole contactor built-in.
    >> >Pressing the start button manually closes the contacts and energizes a coil,
    >> >which holds the contacts closed. Power fail opens the contacts.

    >>
    >> >Small (micro!) is what I'm looking for. No larger than the size of a
    >> >start/stop switch without contactor.

    >>
    >> These are sometimes called "magnetic start switches" and are commonly found on
    >> larger woodworking tools. I don't know if they're small enough for you but:http://www.grizzly.com/search/search.aspx?q=power switch

    >
    >........SHUT UP ASS DROOL.......I OWED YOU THAT!
    >AS FOR A P/N DAVE I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM...CONTACT THE CO's I
    >PROVIDED...THEY COME HIGHLY RECOMMENED FOR SWITCHES ETC.
    >WHATS NEXT?
    > COME OVER & INSTALL IT? BOOWAHAHAHAHA, NO WAY JOSÈ!
    >I AM A GHOST AND DO NOT DO MANUAL LABOR, BUT MAYBE KRAWFISHRW IS
    >WILLING TO COMPLETE THE JOB FOR YOU.
    > ASK HIS SQUALID ASS TO HELP YOU GET IT & HELP US KEEP THE INTERNET
    >FOOL FREE, ITS A GOOD COMBO.
    >ANYTIME OF THE VIRTUAL NIGHT OR DAY.
    >++BEST WISHES++


    At least DaveC now knows what you are.

    >PATECUM


    Still eating that stuff Queerjano.

    >TGITM


    I told you a long time ago, Queerjano, penicillin will do wonders for that.
     
    , Aug 31, 2011
    #6
  7. Re: CREEP ALERT!!!!!

    "The Ghost In The Machine" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > THIS FREAKING BUMB SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO POST HERE.
    > "Michael A. Terrell" <>


    > I SAY, BAN THE BUMB!


    "The bumb, Dmitri, the bumb. <beat> The hydrogen bumb."
     
    William Sommerwerck, Sep 10, 2011
    #7
  8. Re: CREEP ALERT!!!!!

    On 07/09/2011 11:07, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 12:03 am, "Michael A. Terrell"<>
    > wrote:
    >> Charles wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
    >>> news:...

    >>
    >>> Charles wrote:

    >>
    >>>> It would be a real blast to see all of the posers in one or more of these
    >>>> arenas:

    >>
    >>>> 4/ Street in an Atlanta ghetto

    >>
    >>> Why would we want to visit you, in your ghetto? Roy J Quijano of
    >>> Bronx, Ny. has been making death threats for years. It doesn't surprise
    >>> me that you are interested in his mindless rants and threats.

    >>
    >>> --
    >>> You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.

    >>
    >>> Ahem! Sense? I was suggesting other, perhaps more fitting, venues for this
    >>> crap. Do you have any sense, as in common sense?

    >>
    >> Yawn. Go complain about cheap TV speakers again. We're still
    >> laughing at you over that one, because it shows that you not only have
    >> no sense, but you've never had any.
    >>
    >> --
    >> You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.

    >
    > YOU DO NOT VOICE THIS GROUPS STATE OF MIND.
    > NO ONE IS HERE TO LAUGH AT ANYONE ELSE, YOU CREEPY LOW LIFE.
    > YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON TO VIEW THIS GROUP YOU HACK.
    > BUZZ OFF OR DIE FREAK-O AND SAVE THE TAXPAYERS THE GRIEF& EXPENDITURE
    > YOU CAUSE.
    > PATECUM
    > TGITM
    >


    LOL!

    --
    Dirk

    http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - Magick and Technology
     
    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax, Sep 10, 2011
    #8
  9. DaveC

    Jamie Guest

    Re: CREEP ALERT!!!!!

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 11:58 am, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On 07/09/2011 11:07, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>On Sep 7, 12:03 am, "Michael A. Terrell"<>
    >>>wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Charles wrote:

    >>
    >>>>>"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
    >>>>>news:...

    >>
    >>>>>Charles wrote:

    >>
    >>>>>>It would be a real blast to see all of the posers in one or more of these
    >>>>>>arenas:

    >>
    >>>>>>4/ Street in an Atlanta ghetto

    >>
    >>>>> Why would we want to visit you, in your ghetto? Roy J Quijano of
    >>>>>Bronx, Ny. has been making death threats for years. It doesn't surprise
    >>>>>me that you are interested in his mindless rants and threats.

    >>
    >>>>>--
    >>>>>You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.

    >>
    >>>>>Ahem! Sense? I was suggesting other, perhaps more fitting, venues for this
    >>>>>crap. Do you have any sense, as in common sense?

    >>
    >>>> Yawn. Go complain about cheap TV speakers again. We're still
    >>>>laughing at you over that one, because it shows that you not only have
    >>>>no sense, but you've never had any.

    >>
    >>>>--
    >>>>You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.

    >>
    >>> YOU DO NOT VOICE THIS GROUPS STATE OF MIND.
    >>>NO ONE IS HERE TO LAUGH AT ANYONE ELSE, YOU CREEPY LOW LIFE.
    >>> YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON TO VIEW THIS GROUP YOU HACK.
    >>>BUZZ OFF OR DIE FREAK-O AND SAVE THE TAXPAYERS THE GRIEF& EXPENDITURE
    >>>YOU CAUSE.
    >>>PATECUM
    >>>TGITM

    >>
    >>LOL!
    >>
    >>--
    >>Dirk
    >>
    >>http://www.neopax.com/technomage/- Magick and Technology

    >
    >
    > LOOK JIRK, IT'S NOT A LAUGHING MATTER HOOTINI..
    > SO **** OFF & TAKE YOUR BUNNY RABBIT WITH YOU.
    > PATECUM
    > TGITM


    It's people like you, are the reason we have leaders like we do now.

    Jamie
     
    Jamie, Sep 10, 2011
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. DaveC
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    722
    Jamie
    Sep 10, 2011
  2. DaveC
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    551
    Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
    Sep 10, 2011
  3. DaveC
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,334
    Jamie
    Sep 10, 2011
  4. DaveC
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    527
    Dave U. Random
    Sep 11, 2011
  5. add2008

    Start/Stop Switch with indicator light

    add2008, Apr 27, 2012, in forum: General Electronics Chat
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    453
Loading...

Share This Page