Earth bonding point connector

Discussion in 'Misc Electronics' started by Andre Majorel, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. What do type of connectors do you folks use on earth bonding
    points ? 10-mm studs, 7-mm studs, bananas, what ? So many
    standards to choose from...

    --
    André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
    "After 15 minutes, I wanted to marry her. After a half hour, I completely
    gave up the idea of snatching her purse." -- _Take the Money and Run_
     
    Andre Majorel, Dec 7, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Andre Majorel

    Eeyore Guest

    Andre Majorel wrote:

    > What do type of connectors do you folks use on earth bonding
    > points ? 10-mm studs, 7-mm studs, bananas, what ? So many
    > standards to choose from...


    How many amps ? I use M4. Don't forget it must not be plain steel and
    corrosion proof (plated is fine) along with the other attachment hardware.

    I'm assuming you mean an internal earth bonding safety stud.

    Graham
     
    Eeyore, Dec 8, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On 2008-12-08, Eeyore <> wrote:
    > Andre Majorel wrote:
    >
    >> What do type of connectors do you folks use on earth bonding
    >> points ? 10-mm studs, 7-mm studs, bananas, what ? So many
    >> standards to choose from...

    >
    > How many amps ? I use M4. Don't forget it must not be plain steel and
    > corrosion proof (plated is fine) along with the other attachment hardware.
    >
    > I'm assuming you mean an internal earth bonding safety stud.


    Sorry, I was thinking of earth bonding points for ESD mats,
    wrist wraps and the like...

    --
    André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
    "After 15 minutes, I wanted to marry her. After a half hour, I completely
    gave up the idea of snatching her purse." -- _Take the Money and Run_
     
    Andre Majorel, Dec 8, 2008
    #3
  4. Andre Majorel

    Eeyore Guest

    Andre Majorel wrote:

    > On 2008-12-08, Eeyore <> wrote:
    > > Andre Majorel wrote:
    > >
    > >> What do type of connectors do you folks use on earth bonding
    > >> points ? 10-mm studs, 7-mm studs, bananas, what ? So many
    > >> standards to choose from...

    > >
    > > How many amps ? I use M4. Don't forget it must not be plain steel and
    > > corrosion proof (plated is fine) along with the other attachment hardware.
    > >
    > > I'm assuming you mean an internal earth bonding safety stud.

    >
    > Sorry, I was thinking of earth bonding points for ESD mats,
    > wrist wraps and the like...


    Whatever's fitted. I thought there was some standard.

    Graham
     
    Eeyore, Dec 8, 2008
    #4
  5. Andre Majorel

    tunwai

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I want to learning electronics tutorials.
     
    tunwai, Nov 24, 2009
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    691
    Ken Smith
    Jan 11, 2005
  2. andy12345

    HAS DOMESTIC MAINS EARTH FAILED AT SOME POINT?

    andy12345, May 26, 2005, in forum: Electronic Repair
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    500
    Dave Plowman (News)
    May 28, 2005
  3. D from BC

    Point to Point Soldering Construction Methods

    D from BC, Mar 9, 2007, in forum: Electronic Design
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    520
    D from BC
    Mar 10, 2007
  4. Fixed point Vs Floating point

    , Jun 15, 2008, in forum: Electronic Design
    Replies:
    33
    Views:
    1,236
    JosephKK
    Jun 22, 2008
  5. Harry Willis

    Central Heating Earth Bonding

    Harry Willis, Oct 11, 2005, in forum: Electrical Engineering
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    285
    Andrew Gabriel
    Oct 13, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page