Maker Pro
Maker Pro

what kind of lcd is good?

wifehog21

Aug 5, 2023
After looking at a lot of LCD screens, I found that the price gap is too large and there are many differences, so what should I pay more attention to when choosing an LCD?
similar to these two:topfoison and newhavendisplay

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
After looking at a lot of LCD screens, I found that the price gap is too large and there are many differences, so what should I pay more attention to when choosing an LCD?
similar to these two:topfoison and newhavendisplay
They're all "good", even a $4.00 unit.........So one that best suits your application ( which is not mentioned here) and pocket

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
Pay particular attention if you want sunlight readability, most poor at that, but there
are ones, reflective, transflective, that do a good job. Seeing though is believing.
Dont order unless there is supporting comments about readability in direct sun.
Or you see one. Go to a trade show to see all the new technologies and variations.

Blue mode for character displays with led backlight, so much better than lime green
passive displays that have been around since the birth of Jesus. On module display
driver, preferably Hitachi/Renesas 44780 compatible, because there are so many
designs and software driver support for them.

Backlight brightness.....

Generally ones with serial interface good, minimize interface pins needed and #
connections needed.

Best you describe the application. Graphic, character, Video....? To narrow down the
recommendations. Environment, power, interface, size, resolution.....the things import-
ant to you.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited: